Back to School
FOR ALL YEAR GROUPS – RECEPTION to YEAR 6
During the pandemic we have had to change many aspects of the way the school operates based on government guidance. Like many schools we have learned from this experience and there are aspects of the changes that we have realised are beneficial. We have reviewed some logistics and have taken on board some of the feedback we have received. We are also mindful that some parents of younger children have not experienced school as it used to be.
Please see below a list of key information but please note that this is subject to change should the national situation change, in which case we would contact you accordingly.
- We will continue to encourage excellent hygiene amongst all pupils and staff and continue to provide hand sanitiser stations around school. Good ventilation will remain in place and we will review how we manage this as we move to cooler months.
- As per government guidance, masks are required to be worn when on the school site please.
- Children and parents enter and exit school via the main Sebert Road front gate and the Raedwald Drive footpath gate. The field gate will no longer be open.
- Although the main front office is open, TAs are available at the classroom entrance doors and email contact has proved very efficient. Where possible please continue to use email to admin@sebert wood.co.uk or phone the office for any enquiries on 01284 755211.
- Children should continue to come to school in their PE kits on PE days – this has proved efficient and popular amongst parents, pupils and staff.
- School lunches will return to the school hall.
- To encourage healthy eating please do not bring sweets into school for class birthday treats.
- Breakfast Club continues in the hall for all age groups from 7.45am through to the start of the official school day.
- After School Club operates out of the Nursery building for all year groups. Children will be escorted to After School Club by support staff when their school day ends. After school club runs through to 6.00pm.
- Before and After School Club bookings and payments continue via School Gateway.
- A full programme of extra-curricular clubs are available from September.
- We are trialling a new school timetable which is an adapted version of the pre-covid one, based on parents feedback, to improve the drop off and collection arrangements where parents have more than one child in school. For all year groups, parents can drop their child to the appropriate entrance door during a five minute drop off period. Please see OUR SCHOOL DAY for your child’s start and finish times.
- COVID 19 – Risk Assessment & Procedures - November21
- Remote Learning Policy
- Remote Learning Statement
From Monday 15th November 2021, any pupils from Years 1-6 isolating due to Covid-19 will have classwork set on Google Classroom. Pupil login details remain the same as those used previously in the spring term for Years 2-6, however pupils will now be allocated to their current class.
Year 1 pupils will be given their new login details. Work will be set for individual pupils who are isolating as opposed to the whole class, as those pupils in school will not need to access remote learning.