At Sebert Wood Primary School and Nursery, we are continually striving to be at the forefront of new initiatives in education and are guided by the latest advice and best practice.
With this in mind, we have decided to become an adopter school for the new Early Years curriculum and will therefore be following the new Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework this year.
Our curriculum has been formulated in line with the Primary National Curriculum.
- View our Long Term curriculum map here
- View Year 1 curriculum information here
- View Year 2 curriculum information here
- View Year 3 curriculum information here
- View Year 4 curriculum information here
- View Year 5 curriculum information here
- View Year 6 curriculum information here
Here is the Parent Guide to KS2 accelerated reader program.
As part of the development of an exciting and structured curriculum the staff at Sebert Wood School have identified the key skills to be taught in each subject area for each year group, linked closely to the National Curriculum. Click here for the Key Assessment Criteria for the Foundation Subjects.
- The school’s addition & subtraction and multiplication & division calculation policies explain how we teach calculation and the children’s progress towards formal written methods.
- Year 4 and 5 pupils use Mathletics, an award winning interactive website that aims to improve maths skills through fun activities which are linked to the National Curriculum. Some of their homework activities are set on Mathletics and here you can find a guide.
Parent guides for Understanding RSHE (Relationship, sex and health education) :
If you require further information on our Curriculum, please contact Miss Bradburn at the school on 01284 755211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.